Re: PGP/GPG Keys

Joseph Carter wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 04, 1999 at 07:45:23PM +0200, Rene Mayrhofer wrote:
> > Is it possible to use a key created by pgp5 for package signing ? The
> > key works for me when I use it with gpg, both the opposite is not true
> > (e.g. pgp5 is unable to verify a signature created with a gpg key). I am
> > no maintainer yet and so I want to start cleanly. What is the "right"
> > way if I want to use gpg and pgp5 and communicate with people using pgp5
> > ? Can I create a gpg key usable by pgp5 or is it possible to use the
> > pgp5 key for administrative purposes ?
> > I really want to revoke my rsa key and use only one key for all
> > purposes.
>
> By default gpg will use OpenPGP sigs.  This is probably your problem.
> Yes, you can import the pgp5 key into gpg and use it directly.  There's
> also some documentation on how to get gpg to generate pgp5 compatible
> sigs in the manpage.
So it is ok to use a pgp5 created key (gpg works with it) to sign
packages ? I would like to use a pgp5 key because even if pgp5 can read
gpg-key signatures, I think it is impossible to use a gpg key with pgp5.
This is something I want to do because I have to work under Windows
sometimes (therefore forced to use pgp5).

greets,
Rene