Re: ITW/P: freecati

On Oct 04, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> > cold calls are annoying regardless of their purpose. sales calls are
> > especially annoying, but that doesn't excuse academic or market research
> > surveys.
>
> Yes. What I find acceptable are snail mail surveys. Those can be easily
> ignored, and are paid by the sender. (Note that I find mail advertisement
> highly offensive, but surveys are not at all comparable in mass).

Snail-mail surveys are also highly skewed (to people who have nothing
better to do than fill out survey forms, and to people who have
outlier opinions on the survey topic).  And unless you physically go
door-to-door (or use followup phone calls), the response rates are
atrocious.

Chris
|         Chris Lawrence          |       Get your Debian 2.1 CD-ROMs       |
|    <quango@watervalley.net>     |        http://www.lordsutch.com/        |
|  Political Scientist Wanna-be   |   Join the party that opposed the CDA   |
|    University of Mississippi    |            http://www.lp.org/           |