Re: slink -> potato

> On Fri, Oct 01, 1999 at 11:43:17AM -0700, John Lapeyre wrote:
> >    Something I have noticed several times. If you are doing a remote
> > upgrade (probably a crazy idea), the telnet daemon (maybe inetd or
> > something) becomes unavailble for quite some time.

netbase restarts inetd in it's postinst, so there shouldn't be any
significant amount of time that inetd's not running. The portmapper is
a different matter, but it shouldn't affect telnet.

Ah. Your problem is probably telnetd's prerm:

] if command -v update-inetd >/dev/null 2>&1; then
]        update-inetd --disable telnet
] fi

It might be better to bracket this with an `if [ "$1" != "upgrade" ]', or
similar. Herbert, does that sound right?

ssh strikes me as much better thing to use for remote updates, though :)

Cheers,
aj

 ``The thing is: trying to be too generic is EVIL. It's stupid, it
        results in slower code, and it results in more bugs.''
                                        -- Linus Torvalds