Re: slink -> potato

On Fri, Oct 01, 1999 at 11:43:17AM -0700, John Lapeyre wrote:
>    Something I have noticed several times. If you are doing a remote
> upgrade (probably a crazy idea), the telnet daemon (maybe inetd or
> something) becomes unavailble for quite some time. Maybe it is between the
> time that netbase is unpacked and when it is configured.  There are
> usually problems with a broken package or two so that apt-get upgrade does
> not work on the first try. If I lose my telnet connection, I can't telnet
> again to fix things.

The Release Notes for slink explicitely said you should install telnetd
package if doing a hamm->slink upgrade over telnet link (no, I don't think
it is a crazy idea, it is in fact marvelous feature :)... maybe you have
experienced the same problem?

I'd appreciate someone would investigate this, because the potato Release
Notes[1] must include such anti-showstopper information.

[1] ... which I'll be co-authoring, FWIW...

--
enJoy -*/\*- don't even try to pronounce my first name