Re: dbuild running automatically on potato source tre

On Mon, Feb 22, 1999 at 07:59:45PM +0200, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> [ Please don't Cc: public replies to me. ]
>
> I set up dbuild running nightly on a i386 potato system with a potato
> source mirror. There are now 1418 source packages that build OK, as far
> as dbuild can see, and 361 that have problems. See list below for the
> names of the packages, and http://hibase.cs.hut.fi/~liw/dbuild-logs/
> for the actual logs for failed packages.
                      [snipped]
> rpm2html rx samba scwm sdc semidef-oct series shapetools siag sketch slrn
                    ^^^^
I'm maintaining scwm: scwm_0.9-1 does'nt require a call to automake so the
problem is gone now. Sure the problem (if you run automake 1.4 over scwm,
automake give an error) is yet present. I would like to ask a more general
question: a Makefile.am file designed to work with automake 1.13 is supposed
to work with automake 1.14?  I ask this because:
1) if the automakes are not supposed to be compatible, my package (which call
automake in the build scripts) ha a bug
2) if the automakes are supposed to be compatible , scwm has a bug.

Thank you for every reply.

--
Francesco Tapparo                                 cesco@goldnet.it
GNU fanatic                                       cesco@debian.org