Re: FVWM 2.2 officially released

On Tue 02 Mar 1999, Roland Rosenfeld wrote:
> Paul Slootman <paul@wau.mis.ah.nl> wrote:
>
> > I'd also like to hear what added value fvwm 2.2 has.
>
> There are a lot of new features and less bugs. I personally switched
> to fvwm 2.1.* (actually 2.1.10-2, but this should be similar to 2.2

OK, I had a reasonably quiet day at work, so I spent it configuring fvwm 2
(the slink version, as that was what I had). It took most of the day to do
it... the docs aren't that great. I also found that the README.sysrc was
not always completely accurate; it's frustrating when you read about how
to add stuff with init.hook, and it says:

            See the fvwm2 manual page for details (the AddToFunction
            command).

and there's no such command (it's called AddToFunc I since discovered).
There are a couple of other things that also aren't quite right, but
looking into the system.fvwm2rc cleared those up (sorry, can't recall
now what the problem was exactly).

I have a couple of other things that feel like bugs, but I'll suspend
judgement until I try out the official 2.2 version. So far it looks like
I can drop fvwm 1, however :-)

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl | debian: paul@debian.org