Re: Neat gtk/gdk-imlib pain

On Mon, Mar 01, 1999 at 11:48:45AM -0800, Brent A. Fulgham wrote:
> I've actually found unstable to be highly stable in most instances.
> It is very infrequently that I find my unstable machine to have
> problems.  I can count the times -- major libc upgrade, perl5.005, and
> during the "great X reorg".  But none of these ever left my machine in
> a completely unusable state.  And never did the condition last for
> more than a day or so.
>
> I think the "usable" distribution would be an unneeded waste of
> resources.

I have often found the GNOME applications in unstable in a non-usable
state. I usually discover this after I have upgraded over semi-working
set of apps that were installed on my machine.

I would also think that mirrors would be encouraged to mirror usable and
not "unstable", which should cut mirror pulse traffic drastically.

Ean Schuessler                   An oderless programmer work-a-like
Novare International Inc.                     Silent and motionless
*** WARNING: This signature may contain jokes.