Re: Neat gtk/gdk-imlib pain

> distribution. Would it be more practical to have a staging
> distribution that actually proceeds "unstable"? Truthfully, unstable
> is _so_ unstable that it is often unusable. On the other hand, stable
> is too important to casually move anything into. This seems to

I've actually found unstable to be highly stable in most instances.
It is very infrequently that I find my unstable machine to have
problems.  I can count the times -- major libc upgrade, perl5.005, and
during the "great X reorg".  But none of these ever left my machine in
a completely unusable state.  And never did the condition last for
more than a day or so.

I think the "usable" distribution would be an unneeded waste of
resources.

-Brent