Re: slink is gone, goals for potato?

On Mon, Mar 01, 1999 at 10:23:45PM -0500, Phillip R. Jaenke wrote:
> I really *really* don't have time to follow all the threads, so you'll
> have to forgive me missing that. Like I said, the last I heard of it was
> licensing issues.

I understand that not everyone can follow every thread, but I can also
understand that people might get tired of answering the same questions.
OTOH, if the questions are too annoying, one can just ignore them... :)

> And quite frankly, personally, I don't want to see egcs
> as the requirement till egcs gets a lot better. IMHO, quite frankly, egcs
> has a LOT of room for improvement on *every* architecture.

Well, I think this needs to be more than a personal decision. :P

> Anyways, it's not surprising to me. It's not logical to promote someone
> else's product over your own. You won't hear an AT&T employee telling you
> to go with MCI. ;P

But neither ATT nor MCI is evangelizing a philosophy in which source
code is shared openly so that it can be improved--as was done to gcc in
the form of egcs.

Mike Stone