Re: intent to package: libstroke

On Mon, Mar 01, 1999 at 04:40:37PM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> I intend to package libstroke. It's a library which implements strokes
> as seen in Mentor Graphics' EDA CAD packages. It will be needed by
> geda.
>
> There's also a hacked fvwm2 which can use strokes (eg draw a "D"
> for delete a window, downstroke for a new xterm etc) but I don't
> have any plans to package that yet (although I do have it running here).

That's the one by Mark Willey, right?  (I don't think there is another
libstroke.)

If ever you exchange mail with the upstream author, say hello for me.

Now that fvwm is actually maintained (both upstream and here) again, you
might consider talking to Julian Gilbey about getting those patches merged
into the next development version of fvwm.

I was under the impression, though, that libstroke wasn't useful without
support from an application (such as the window manager).  Please correct
me if I'm wrong.

--
G. Branden Robinson              |   Optimists believe we live in the best of
Debian GNU/Linux                 |   all possible worlds.  Pessimists are