Re: Intent to package: lynx-ssl, ftp-ssl, telnet-ssl

On Wed, Feb 03, 1999 at 11:51:37 +0100, Christoph Martin wrote:
> There is a sslftp, but I don't see it well maintained (upstream). So I'd
> like to look into it and apply the ssl-relevant parts to the ftp which
> debian is using. We have also patches to wu-ftpd which could produce a
> wu-ftpd-ssl package.

Personally, I'd rather see lftp (which IMHO is a very a power-user-friendly
FTP client) patched for SSL support than the plain FTP client.

Ray
--
PATRIOTISM  A great British writer once said that if he had to choose
between betraying his country and betraying a friend he hoped he would