Re: concensus on removing TeX and Emacs from standard

    Magnus> From: Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@beer.com> Subject: Re:
    Magnus> concensus on removing TeX and Emacs from standard Date:
    Magnus> Fri, 31 Dec 1999 20:50:46 +0100

    >> While we are cutting half of Std now, why do we have 3 english
    >> dictionaries in Std ? (iamerican, ibritish and wenglish).
    >> Couldnt they be merged somehow ?

    Magnus> American English differ too much from British English,
    Magnus> there is not propper way of spelling things like
    Magnus> meter/metre etc.

In that case, why are there two packages for American english:

iamerican and wenglish

but only one package for non British English:

ibritish

?

This means, there is no British word list to use for the 'L'ookup
command within ispell (unless something has changed since slink).

For instance, with ispell and ibritish installed (no other
dictionaries):

- ispell lookup option doesn't work.

- ispell accepts both authorize and authorise as correct spelling.  I
thought authorize was American spelling...

--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>