Re: concensus on removing TeX and Emacs from standard

From: Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@beer.com>
Subject: Re: concensus on removing TeX and Emacs from standard
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 20:50:46 +0100

> While we are cutting half of Std now, why do we have 3 english
> dictionaries in Std ? (iamerican, ibritish and wenglish).
> Couldnt they be merged somehow ?

American English differ too much from British English, there is not propper
way of spelling things like meter/metre etc.

I do not know about British contra English, but from a linguistic point of view
there is a diffrence between the ESL (English Second Languague) people like
myself and the every day British English, but that is probably not what that
diffrence is about.

It's only in American English which 1 billion means 1000 milions, so there is
a real diffrence in which Debian can't overbridge. The only possibility would
be to have Americans learn propper English (OK, flamebate, but so what) ;)

Cheers,
Magnus