alsa-base should this be reported as a bug?

just today while doing an installation, i noticed alsa-base stopping (in pre-inst) and starting the sound driver again.

the thing i started to wonder about is, why is it so?
if there hasn't been any major changes in the latest releases, the script starts the driver and restores mixer settings. (and the other way around too =)

so what do we gain of this small downtime in sounds?

as i play music on my NT machine.. which is suits just well, and i still want to hear sounds from Linux, the sounds from NT go through my Linux, and the downtime is quite long if you have loads of packages to install (on a slow machine)

--
get a life, get the second one free...