Re: Packages referenced but missing from the archive

Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> I went and grabbed all the Packages files for all the distributions
> I know of (main, contrib, non-free, non-us/main, non-us/contrib,
> non-us/non-free), and went and checked wether all the dependencies
> can be satisfied. As it turns out, there are many packages referencing
> other non-existant packages.

GREAT!!!

> Should I file bugs and if so, what type?

Bugs need to be filed, though they need proper investigation.

> fortify => fotify-win32

Looks like a bug in fortify

> fvwmconf => fvwm2  (yes! fvwm2 doesn't exist)

Where is fvwm2 gone to?

> kernel-source-* => gas (there is no gas package)

bug in kernel-source-*

> gstep-{base,base-dbg,xgps} are all not there

Who needs them?

> jdk1.2{,-native} don't exist

ditto

I guess there are packages newer than jdk1.2 or named differently
or there is a virtual package, thus packages depending on these
packages will have to use the new names, thus they're bugy.

etc...

> A few places reference qt1g (should be libqt1g)

File a bug, recompile should be enough.

> emacsspeak mentions many tclx packages which do not exist

bad.

Regards,

	Joey

not tried it.  -- Donald E. Knuth