Re: ITP: jpeg2ps

Hi,

Mon, 20 Dec 1999 21:27:04 -0600, sterwill@abisource.com wrote about Re: ITP: jpeg2ps (<[🔎] 19991220212704.A30133@abisource.com>):
sterwill> Kenshi Muto wrote:
sterwill> > This software is non-free by license.
sterwill> >
sterwill> > But, this software is good converter.
sterwill>
sterwill> I have never used this software, but I have written code to convert
sterwill> RGB data to PostScript (it's in AbiWord if you've ever printed).

Hmm, Good.

sterwill> What makes jpeg2ps better than something like ImageMagick?  Is
sterwill> it simply the resultant PostScript size, or does it have other features
sterwill> like gamma adjustment, transformations, or other features?

Hmm, I do not understand algorithm of jpeg2ps or ImageMagick.
(I'm not good level programmer :-)

Maybe jpeg2ps document and source say some suggestion.

I've already packaged this, you can fetch from following apt-line.

deb http://www.topstudio.co.jp/~kmuto/debian/private unstable non-free
deb-src http://www.topstudio.co.jp/~kmuto/debian/private unstable non-free

Package name is "jpeg2ps".

sterwill> Writing a free replacement for this utility, at least to do
sterwill> the simple job of creating EPS from a JPG, should not be very hard.

Yes, I hope perfectly FREE tools which replace all of non-free appear.
--
Kenshi Muto
kmuto@debian.org