Re: /var/state /var/lib

On 17 Dec 1999, Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:

>  On my machine there is a symlink state -> lib.  What is it supposed
>  to look like?  Sendmail failed to upgrade because of it... it tried
>  to move files from state to lib, I think, and couldn't because they
>  are the same file.

This would probably work if you move files from state to lib *and*
change all the *.list files in /var/lib/dpkg/info accordingly.

Other than that, dpkg is not currently supposed to "guess" that the files
are "the same", so making this type of symlinks is not a good idea for
now.

--
 "774b79a28377c1a5b0245f22ace2e547" (a truly random sig)