Re: /etc/profile should include sbin in PATH

On 19 Dec 1999 13:11:27 -0800, you wrote:
>There are undoubtedly more examples, but I know traceroute is The
>Biggy. It's a major tool that users run all the time, and there's no
>reason for it to be in /usr/sbin.

I have to object here. When we call "users" usually has far more
knowledge than the average user has. Average users know how to use a
few programs they have to work with and don't care about IP routing
and that stuff. Who needs traceroute, probably needs other
"administration" tools as well (although these people almost never
have root access) and are better off with sbin in their paths.

Greetings
Marc