Re: freedomization task list [was: Re: Dangerous precedent being set - possible serious violation of the GPL]

On 16 Dec 1999, John Goerzen wrote:

> I frankly don't see the point.  After all, XEmacs especially has
> easy-to-use menus that will make it easier to learn than pico even.

I would say that XEmacs and Pico doesn't even play in the same division
when it comes to memory- and disk-footprint, and XEmacs requires X, Pico
does not.

Teach the users to use nvi or elvis instead. Oh, and doesn't ae have some
sort of Pico-like mode? If not, why not add one?

Then again, Pico isn't very advanced. It'd probably not be too hard to
create a free version. *If* I ever get some sparetime, I might hack one
up, given someone is interested. Not that I'd use it myself, being
vim-sical, but...

/David Weinehall
 // David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /> Northern lights wander      \\
//  Project MCA Linux hacker        //  Dance across the winter sky //
\>  http://www.acc.umu.se/~tao/    </   Full colour fire           </