Re: Binary only Recompilations

On Sat, Dec 11, 1999 at 04:56:14PM +0100, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 11, 1999 at 02:43:22PM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > The build-version is the current date in UTC in general. This prevents
> > the need for finding some way to get a new versionnumber.
>
> This still leaves us with the problem that we can't see which Source Version
> was used. The version number of the binary does not need to be the same as
> the source version, as the bash/libreadline example showed (IIRC).

This already happens.  libreadline now has its own source package, but
for example:

Package: alsa-modules-2.2.13
Section: sound
Installed-Size: 1541
Maintainer: Masato Taruishi <taru@debian.org>
Architecture: i386
Source: alsadriver (0.4.1e-7)
Version: 0.4.1e-7+2.2.13-1

Note the version number on the Source field.  It's generated automatically.

Richard Braakman