Re: Package Pool Proposal

Alisdair McDiarmid <alisdair@wasters.org> writes:

> On the contrary. I have a network here with five machines all
> running current potato. If I didn't have a local mirror, all five
> machines would have to download upgrades from ftp[.uk].debian.org,
> taking more bandwidth than a partial mirror of potato.

Could you just configure apt-get to share it's archive directory
between all the machines?  That way you only have to download any
desired .deb once for all the machines, but won't have to mirror any
non-desired packages.

man apt.conf and look for Dir::Cache parameters.

--
Craig Brozefsky                         <craig@red-bean.com>
Free Scheme/Lisp Software     http://www.red-bean.com/~craig