Re: Package Pool Proposal

Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> writes:

> why should my employer, or myself, be forced to to pay volume charges to
> download sources which we rarely use (cost is approx 20 cents/MB)? if i
> want the source for a particular package, then i will download it when i
> need it.

Mirroring for personal use, or for use in your organization is not
distributing it, and therefor you would not be responsible under the
GPL for making source available.  The issue I have is wether Debian
mirrors which are for public access, which would be distribution,
would be required to also mirror source.

please note the multiple craigs in this thread when reading.

--
Craig Brozefsky                         <craig@red-bean.com>
Free Scheme/Lisp Software     http://www.red-bean.com/~craig