Re: Package Pool Proposal

Goswin Brederlow <goswin.brederlow@student.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:

> Thats with putting all deb files generated from one source into one
> directory. I though you wanted to put all files of all sources into
> one directory, which would be far greater 1000.

I'm not sure how you got that impression.

Given that misunderstanding, I suggest you reread what I wrote and
comment again as you see fit.

> But even with a directory for every source that will be many
> directories.

Don't know what you are on about here, given the total communication
failure that seems to be in progress.

> > Perhaps we should allow for versioned subdirectories
> > (pool/x/xfree86-1/3.3.5-2/ say) which would keep this within
> > reasonable bounds, but I'm not sure it's worth it for this one case.
>
> Don?´t think thats really neccessary. When seperating sources and archs
> you will have 39 * 4 packages in each directory.

The whole point was to not separate the sources & archs, because that
makes things easier to find for humans, and makes no odds to machines.

Cheers, Phil.