Re: Package Pool Proposal

On Wed, Dec 01, 1999 at 10:27:05PM -0700, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Dec 1999, Ben Collins wrote:
>
> > You know, it would be useful to have all the versions and all the archs of
> > a certain package in a single directory. Would make it easier to see the
> > version breakdown and what archs don't have it compiled at a single
> > glance.
>
> If you are going to do that, then you might as well just bundle source
> too, if we are going to require regex file exclusions, then excluding
> *.tar.gz, *.dsc and *.diff.gz are pretty easy if the software can do it.

That only works if nothing changes, but hopefully one day we will have bz2
source support and multiple .orig and .diff support. I'm not sure how
this will be implemented, but that's just the point, we don't know how
things will change.

`     bcollins@debian.org  -  collinbm@djj.state.va.us  -  bmc@visi.net    '