Re: ziptool

Kenneth Chin wrote:

> Peter S Galbraith wrote:
> >
> > Kenneth Chin wrote:
> >
> > > jaztool is packaged in Debian, but why isn't ziptool packaged?
> >
> > How are they related?  Why would one imply the other?
>
> Well, jaztool is used to manipulate Jaz drives and Jaz medias.
> But you couldn't use jaztool to manipulate Zip drives and
> Zip disks, could you?

Do you have a URL for ziptool?  Does it work with all types of Zips?
It's no longer maintained right?

> > Have you tried jazip?
>
> jazip is written for X. Furthermore, it's written using XForms,
> which is not GPL licensed.

We're still hoping XForms will be released under a free license.

>                            Actually, I'm looking for something
> simpler, ie. just a command-line utility.
>
> I would be nice if there exists a Gtk version similar to
> jazip. I could work on it if no one is.

Well, that would also be `written for X' and not a `command-line
utility'.  :-)

Try http://www.smallpig.net/gtkzip/

I have not tried it, but it fits your description of a Gtk
version similar to jazip.

Peter