Re: Release-critical Bugreport for November 26, 1999

On Sat, Nov 27, 1999 at 05:21:45PM +0100, Christian Kurz wrote:

> > Package: base-passwd (main)
> > Maintainer: Wichert Akkerman <wakkerma@debian.org>
> >   36007  update-passwd did many stupid things
>
> We will open a task at the debian-qa package for this. Someone with a
> good knowdlege of perl could take this task and provide us with a new
> and better update-passwd

There is already a task for this and iirc Wichert fixed this with the
current version. Funny that he did not update his rc-bugs list ;)

> Matthias, when will you NMU bash 2.03 and close some of those bug
> reports?

bash will be ready when we release I am sure. He did another set of
packages and I will test them as soon as possible.

> > Package: boot-floppies (main)
> > Maintainer: Debian Install System Team <debian-boot@lists.debian.org>
> >   43057  bootdisk: rawrite uses 8.3 names
>
> I think the Team is already working on fixing this one.

Sure. debian-boot seems to be pretty active right now. They will be happy
with more help anyway I guess ;)

> > Package: ddd-smotif (contrib)
> > Maintainer: Alexander Yukhimets <alexy@debian.org>
> > [REMOVE] This package is no longer needed and can be removed.
> >   34802  ddd-smotif: Generate core-dumps after start
>
> Alexander, do you need some help to fix this bug? Has also been the new
> uþstream version, mentioned in the BTS, packaged for Debian?

I think this entry is absolutely correct. Let's get this out of Debian. It
works well with lesstif, no need to support some commercial Motif.

> > Package: debian-policy (main)
> > Maintainer: Debian Policy List <debian-policy@lists.debian.org>
> >   43529  debian-policy: mail locking in Debian is _not_ NFS safe
>
> And the Policy-Maintainer working on a fix?

The? This is being discussed on debian-policy and the solution is already
ironed out. Now somebody is needed to do the work and fix liblockfile.
Maybe I can do that this week.

> What about this bug? Has it been fixed or not?

It hasn't. And it really sucks...

> > Package: diald (main)
> > Maintainer: Philippe Troin <phil@fifi.org>
> > [SQUASH] taken (calc)
> >   49324  diald depends on netstd which now is a fake package
>
> Can be fixed by a recompilation. Philippe, when do you upload a fixed
> version?

Why is there a SQUASH entry on it and no upload has been done?

> > Package: gnomba (main)
> > Maintainer: Timshel Knoll <timshel@pobox.com>
> >   50399  XFree eat all the memory when i launch gnomba
>
> Needs to be examined to see what's happening and how to fix.

Timshel asked for more info and it seems he did not get any replies. I would
say it is a bug in the windowmanager and/or the x server...

> > Package: screen (main)
> > Maintainer: Juan Cespedes <cespedes@debian.org>
> >   50394  screen: It exits upon invocation with [screen is terminating] message.
> >   51058  screen: Immediately quits
>
> Can some confirm that there's still this bug?

It sometimes occured on me. But I was unable to reproduce it :(

> >   51088  screen doesn't work if home dirs are nfs-mounted
>
> How much work would this be to fix?

Works for me...

> > Package: wmaker (main)
> > Maintainer: Chris McKillop <cdm@debian.org>
> >   41671  wmaker: WMaker segfaults when using gnome-pager to switch to other workspace and show (unminimize) window from other desktop
> > [HELP] Any help is welcome, preferably patches.
>
> Could someone from the QA-Team please help Chris to find a solution for
> this bug?

I tried to find the problem but I failed... I might try again with a faster
machine :)

cu
    Torsten