Re: Mailman, hard links and the Openwall

On Mon, 29 Nov 1999 14:01:35 +0100 (MET)
Gergely Madarasz <gorgo@caesar.elte.hu> wrote:

> No, it doesn't make hard links in /tmp. It makes hard links within
> /var/lib/mailman/lists, sometimes as a different user as the file
> was originally created with (mail, www-data and list are the
> possibilities).  I haven't read the original problem so I don't
> know what is exactly the case, but for example solar designers
> secure linux patch prevents hardlinks like this, so it can't be
> used with mailman :/

I've brought this issue to the attention of the mailman developers
at mailman-developers@python.org.  Barry Warsaw, who is leading
Mailman development at this point, has expressed interest in the
area.

I suggest this conversation continue there.

--
J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw@kanga.nu
----------(*)                              Other: coder@kanga.nu