Re: Release-critical Bugreport for November 26, 1999

On 99-11-17 Ben Hendrickson wrote:

> > > Is this really release-critical? Can't we print a note during install
> > > and downgrade the bug?
> >
> > Well, there's a new upstream version that does correct this problem,
> > Ben is currently packaging it. So this bug will be corrected RSN.

> Last weekend I got the source and made packages of the release candidate
> for v.4 which fixes this issue.  I found the release candidate to have
> bugs - the author is working on fixing them now.

So will we get not only a fixed, but also a new release? Great, this is
very good.

> > > What's the current status about this bug?
> >
> > Ben can you enlighten us ?

> Need to revert to the last available GPL'ed xevil.  I've been hoping
> someone will find one of the stable GPL'ed 2.0 betas on the end of
> /dev/hdf5 and answer my plea I posted earlier.  I also mailed the author
> about find one (I am not expecting a helpful reply).  I'll lose
> hope soon and repackage 1.5.1e.

Oh, that's not so good. If I understand you corretly, the 1.5.1e was
licensed under GPL, then the license was changed and now in the Betas
it's GPL again? Sounds like the author doesn't know what license he
really wants.

Ciao
     Christian
* Christian Kurz                          Debian Developer/QA-Team *
*               Use Debian - a free Operating System               *