Re: Release-critical Bugreport for November 26, 1999

> > > Package: darxite (main)
> > > Maintainer: Ben C. Hendrickson <bhendrickson@usa.net>
> > > [REMOVE] This package can be removed if it is not fixed.
> > >   48846  Downloading multiple files via html causes data corruption
> >
> > Is this really release-critical? Can't we print a note during install
> > and downgrade the bug?
>
> Well, there's a new upstream version that does correct this problem,
> Ben is currently packaging it. So this bug will be corrected RSN.

Last weekend I got the source and made packages of the release candidate
for v.4 which fixes this issue.  I found the release candidate to have
bugs - the author is working on fixing them now.

> > > Package: xevil (non-free)
> > > Maintainer: Ben C. Hendrickson <bhendrickson@usa.net>
> > >   50409  xevil: gratuitous removal from debian
> >
> > What's the current status about this bug?
>
> Ben can you enlighten us ?

Need to revert to the last available GPL'ed xevil.  I've been hoping
someone will find one of the stable GPL'ed 2.0 betas on the end of
/dev/hdf5 and answer my plea I posted earlier.  I also mailed the author
about find one (I am not expecting a helpful reply).  I'll lose
hope soon and repackage 1.5.1e.