Re: Cyrus debianized?

On Nov 25, Marek Habersack wrote:
> fixing? Either way, I decided to drop PAM and started to test other
> authentication possibilities using SASL - sasldb (didn't work - despite the
> existence of the sasldb database file the library refused to authenticate
> the user),

Did you check the access timestamp on the file to see if it was actually
being accessed?  Did the user have an entry in the sasldb?  If not (and
you didn't have auto_transition in your Cyrus.conf file), that could be
the problem.

What kind of authentication were you trying to do?  If it was 'plain',
then you also have to make sure that the pwcheck_method option in
Cyrus.conf is set appropriately (PAM, passwd, etc.).  Not sure about
more recent versions, but the sasl version I have won't look at the
secrets file for plain authentication, which may also have been a
problem for you.

> > We run Cyrus 1.6.13 with sasl-5.1.0, libpam-0.69 and
> My versions are, respectively, 1.6.19, 1.5.11, 0.71

I didn't want to work with PAM because I'm using cyrus 1.6.1 / sasl
1.5.3 (where PAM support was quite new) , and I'm running slink.  I'll
probably wait for potato to stabilize before moving to it...