Re: Cyrus debianized?

* Michael-John Turner said:
> On Tue, Nov 23, 1999 at 10:37:34AM +0100, Marek Habersack wrote:
> >   Has anyone (for personal purposes) debianized the Cyrus IMAP server?
>
> Funny you should mention this today :) After meaning to do it for ages,
> I finally packaged it today. Most things are done, but I still need
> to finish up the *inst and *rm scripts and perhaps put together a
> cyrusconf script.
Heh, good you answered it so promptly :)) - I have just started to debianize
the 1.5.19 version :)))))))))))). I won't continue the effort :)

> Once things are OK, it'll post to -devel asking for victims, er
> beta testers. Should be done in the next day or two.
You already got one victim :))). I'm even willing to test it RIGHT NOW
before it's quite finished :)).

> This is Cyrus 1.5.x BTW, not 1.6 (1.6 needs the SASL stuff which
> seems to be very broken in places). Sadly 1.5.x doesn't support
> PAM (but 1.6 does and when it's stable, I'll package it).
SASL is a PITA - the pwcheck stuff doesn't work without much tweaking, I
didn't even got PAM to work - it refuses to authenticate when cyrus runs
with the 'cyrus' user's ID, and cyrus refuses to run as root. The sasldb
auth doesn't work as well.

marek