Re: Debian FreeBSD

On Wed, Nov 24, 1999 at 12:32:51PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:
>
> > > Further aside: BSD has had the ability to run Linux software for quite
> > > a while, so recompiling for a BSD kernel isn't about giving BSD people
> > > access to debian software.
> >
> > No, it's about giving Debian users access to an alternative kernel.
>
> Which they already have (Hurd).

But the FreeBSD kernel is dramatically different from the Hurd kernel.

> To me it seems more making it easier for greedy interests to
> proprietarize vital parts of Debian.

I take it you don't approve of having Apache in Debian? We have
other good web servers under the GPL, and Apache just makes it

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
I see no trend at all, except toward women playing mean and ugly