Re: Debian FreeBSD

This is a very bad idea.

Why?  The BSD license.

We must not help software based on a BSD-licensed kernel no less
become more prevelant.  The reason is that the BSD license allows
companies to commercialize the product.  I for one disdain the idea of
using SPI resources to help things that will become proprietary.

Some might quibble with "will" above.  I think it's only a matter of
time.  We've seen it hapen so much already.  It serves our Free
Software community poorly to produce software that is simply
proprietarized by any company that wishes.

If somebody wants to do this, obviously we cannot stop them.  However,
we have control over whether *WE* support it, and we must not.