Re: Package Pool Proposal

On Sun, Nov 21, 1999 at 11:13:16PM -0800, Guy Maor wrote:
> The archive will look like this:
> debian/dists/pool/{binary-arch,source}/x/package
>   x is the first letter of the filename.  Note that packages are not
>   organized according to section in the archive, just filename.
>
> debian/dists/{stable,unstable,non-free}/binary-arch/Packages.gz
> debian/dists/{stable,unstable,non-free}/binary-arch/pool ->
>   ../../../pool/binary-arch

>   There are neither packages nor symlinks to packages here.  The index
>   refers to all packages through the pool symlink.

Sounds good!

Is the arch in binary-arch a fix string or a stub for
the various arches? How does binary-all fit in here, or is it dropped?
And, ultimatively, how can I include binary-i386 packages in my
binary-hurd-i386 Packages file?

(although I would like to have all the information in the package
itself, having overrides in a global distribution script is good
enough for now),

Thanks,
Marcus

--
"The purpose of Free Software is Free Software.
The End and the Means are the same."  -- Craig Sanders

Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>