Re: experimental bash-2.03 and readline-4.0 packages for potato

At 13:22 +0100 1999-11-21, Matthias Klose wrote:
>What about the possibility that /bin/sh becomes an alternative, which
>is provided by bash? Of course bash's postinst has to use /bin/bash.
>But does bash's postinst runs before any other configure scripts run?

No, alternatives pose the same problem, if people want to use a different
shell as /bin/sh they can use diversions on the symlink. Diversions are
safe because dpkg knows about them.

> > It was expected that potato would get libreadline4, after which bash could
> > be dynamically linked with readline again.
>
>"it was expected": you don't expect it anymore?

Not after we'd nearly hit freeze without it.

>Who decides? Currently I do have apackage, which fixes more than
>critical and important bugs. Should it be uploaded, when all critical
>bugs are resolved? Even if it's a new upstream version?

I think it should be uploaded.
--
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)                    Debian GNU/Linux Developer
<URL:mailto:jk@espy.org>                 <URL:mailto:espy@debian.org>