experimental bash-2.03 and readline-4.0 packages for potato

I have put together packages for bash-2.03 and readline-4.0. You find
them at http://master.debian.org/~doko/bash-rl. Many bugs are fixed.
Please see the changelogs. A still open issue is a working slink
update.

- bash-2.03 should be part of potato.
- should readline4 be part of potato? If no, then bash-2.03 can
  statically linked with the included readline.

I never got any feedback from the package maintainer; who can decide
to upload a new upstream version, if the maintainer shows no reaction?

Now the upgrade problem:

Current status:
 - libreadlineg2 contains /etc/inputrc
 - bash-2.02 is statically linked to libreadlineg2

Assume we do want to link bash dynamically against readline, history
and ncurses.

- The problem is /etc/inputrc, which has to be transferred to another
  package (currently libreadline4, maybe something like libreadline-base
  is better).
- libreadline4 conflicts with libreadlineg2 (<< version-without-inputrc),

When doing a dist-upgrade from slink, libreadlineg2 with inputrc is
first removed, then libreadline4 with inputrc is installed followed by
the installation of libreadlineg2 without inputrc.

The problem is, that bash is somewhere installed in between and cannot
find the old libreadlineg2 found in slink.

What I would like to know: Is there a way of transferring ownership of
the /etc/inputrc file to another package without having the conflict to
libreadlineg2 (or: without having libreadlineg2 temporarly removed)?
Or: How can I transfer ownership of a versioned library package to the
next version of the library?
To avoid this for future libreadline updates, I would like to put
/etc/inputrc into it's own package (are configuration files in library
packages evil ;-?)

apt's users guide gives the very same example for the libreadline to
libreadlineg2 transition ;-) but no solution :-(.

Torsten Landschoff suggested using for libreadline4 a Replaces
libreadlineg2 (<< version-with-inputrc).

Reading the packaging manual, I see that Replaces should be
sufficient, but if libreadline is purged at the same step, then
/etc/inputrc is removed.

The current libreadline4 package has a Replaces line.

Any suggestions how to make the upgrade safe besides linking bash
statically?