Re: experimental bash-2.03 and readline-4.0 packages for potato

On Sat, Nov 20, 1999 at 02:07:26PM -0800, Joel Klecker wrote:

> There's a serious issue with /bin/sh that needs to be addressed. Some NMU
> completely destroyed bash's Essential status[1] by handling the /bin/sh
> symlink outside of dpkg's control. The /bin/sh crap needs to be removed
> from the maintainer scripts and the binary package needs to contain the
> /bin/sh symlink again. This is a critical bug.

Sure it is. I did the upload and this bug is already in the BTS. There
are also some approaches to solve this in the bug logs. I don't think
we should have the /bin/sh link in the package again. There must be
another way letting the local admin change the /bin/sh link.

Thanks
    Torsten