Re: Debian FreeBSD

Thursday, November 18, 1999, 8:18:36 PM, Andrew wrote:
> It doesn't, but giving companies the option to take _OUR_ work propriatary
> is _bad_ _bad_ _bad_. The BSD license lends itself to this, and I
> guarantee it will happen if we follow this path.

    Uhm, Andrew, just because the Kernel is BSD licensed doesn't make the rest
of the work BSD licensed.  The Debian specific utilities would still be GPLd
and a lot of the programs running on top of that kernel, as they are today in
the FreeBSD world, are GPLd.

    Your argument is great paranoia FUD but has little substance to back it
up.