Re: Debian FreeBSD

Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:

> Not using glibc, you might have a hard time. Make sure all changes
> go towards POSIX compatibility instead away from it. Anyway, I think
> you should definitely consider to port and use glibc.

This has been discussed. I asked on the FreeBSD list about glibc (which of
course led to flamage about how bad everything about glibc was..)

> (Of course this is were it gets polit^H^H^H^H^Ha license issue).

Well, actually, the license issue isn't really the big problem, I'd
say. The people who knows a lot about the FreeBSD kernel unfortunately
doesn't like GNU, in most cases..

But I agree that porting glibc would be easiest. If anyone is
interested in doing this, please don't hesitate to contact the FSF.