Re: ITP: ZWiki (a zope product)

For Zope, I would go with the Python naming convention. For Python packages,
we have an implicit policy to use python-foo-bar for packages that extend
the Python interpreter (e.g. python-gtk) and foo-bar-python for packages
that embed Python in an application (e.g. gimp-python or vim-python).

IIRC, John will change the name of tinytable-zope to zope-tinytable with
the next revision of the package (see also #46775). squishdot arguably
is an application on its own (cf. imp) and therefore can use its own
package name IMHO.

Not that there's an open Bug (#41113) regarding the topic of package
naming conventions. It was also discussed on debian-python, and IIRC
the majority preferred the current Python naming convention.

Therefore I would beg Zope package maintainers to go with the zope-foo-bar
naming convention. At least that makes the Zope and Python packages naming
consistent.

    Gregor

PS: Do we really need a Python or Zope policy for this ?