Re: Soundblaster LIVE

On Mon, Nov 15, 1999 at 12:58:14AM +0100, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> > If someone else doesn't beat me to it, I am likely to package this thing
> > because I'll soon be using such a card.  No objection at all (in fact I'd
> > prefer it) if someone else wants to take this one.
>
> I think it is safe to wait for the integration into ALSA. It seems
> unnecessary to have a stand alone driver, especially when it is of lower or
> the same quality... (not to imply anything).

I was talking about the kernel sound drivers...  ALSA seems kinda unstable
to me now and is a lot of extra work---more so than a simple kernel driver
would be.  ALSA is a not-so-simple kernel driver with a multi-step setup
and installation process.  SBLive! kernel drivers?  Unpack, make-kpkg your
kernel, make-kpkg the modules, install everything.  Simple as that.

--
- Joseph Carter         GnuPG public key:   1024D/DCF9DAB3, 2048g/3F9C2A43
- knghtbrd@debian.org   20F6 2261 F185 7A3E 79FC  44F9 8FF7 D7A3 DCF9 DAB3