Re: Whom the BIND newest vulnerability concerns?

On Fri, Nov 12, 1999 at 04:45:37PM +0100, Tomasz Papszun wrote:

> > AIUI NXT support was only introduced in 8.2, so 8.1 should be immune to
> Thank you for the answer.
> But if a server with version 8.2 has _not_ these NXT records itself, is it
> vulnerable due to _outer_ DNS servers or clients?

According to BugTraq, yes. If you can get the nameserver to load an NXT
record from anywhere, you can break it.

J.

--
Web [                    Ye Gods, I have feet?                     ]
site: http:// [                                          ]       Made by