Whom the BIND newest vulnerability concerns?

Hello,

the slink (stable) version of bind (1:8.1.2­5) is relatively old and -
according to
http://www.isc.org/products/BIND/bind-security-19991108.html
- it contains a few security bugs.
The newest vulnerability _may_ lead to remote root compromise.

Is a corrected package expected?

I'm a little scared of this latest bug... It is connected with "the
processing of NXT records". I haven't managed to find a clear description
of this type (NXT) records; seems this is quite new type.

So my concern is: if a server has _not_ such records in its own files, is
it vulnerable?

--
 Tomasz Papszun   SysAdm @ TP S.A. Lodz, Poland  | And it's only
 tomek@lodz.tpsa.pl   http://www.lodz.tpsa.pl/   | ones and zeros.