Re: Sponsoring new maintianers, and package uploads

Le Thu, Nov 11, 1999 at 07:13:17PM +0000, Dale Scheetz écrivait:
> He has taken over the axe package, and has done some very good work
> bringing the package up-to-date. The question is, just how do I get this
> work into the archives?
>
> If I do a non-maintainer upload of his package, leaving him as the
> designated maintainer, isn't this going to cause problems, as he is not on
> the maintianer rolls? On the other hand, I want him to have the credit for
> doing the work, so I don't want to "take over" the maintainership. Is
> there a "proper" method for doing this?

You can leave his name as Maintainer, you don't even need to NMU the
package, you simply build the package with :
$ debuild -m'Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net>'

I'm doing this for many sponsors: Ashley Clark, Christian Marillat, Ben
Hendrickson, Frankie Fisher and Denis Barbier. They have all done a good
work but they still aren't debian developers. It's time to open again
the new maintainer team (how far is it ?).

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog >> 0C4CABF1 >> http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/
<pub> CD Debian : http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/debian/#cd </pub>