Re: Runtime kernel parameters configuration

I have contacted to kernel folks.
They will work on /usr/src/linux/Documentation/sysctl/*
right away, /usr/src/linux/Documentation/networking/ip-sysctl.txt
has a delay. Complexity and time is the problem here...

Anyway, you name the kernel versions and I will
make a diff for you of what they broke-out to run-time
configuration. If you realy need it.

Regards,

Onno

At 08:53 PM 11/8/99 -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
Onno <ebbin200@tech.nhl.nl> writes:

> man proc is an "outline that gives a quick tour through
> the /proc..." and it was written in July 1996...
>
> /usr/src/linux/Documentation/sysctl/* and
> /usr/src/linux/Documentation/networking/ip-sysctl.txt
>
> are a better source of information, but they are
> a little behind on the current situation :(
>
> All I want to know is where changes like the kernel
> config 'CONFIG_IP_ALWAYS_DEFRAG' to
> /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_always_defrag
> are documented (default value's, reading and
> writing interface, etc)

This is an issue you really ought to bring up with the kernel folks or
maybe the LDP.  It's really not Debian specific (though it'd be great
if someone broke-out any run-time configuration that, say,
boot-floppies should know about).