Re: Partial freeze?

I agree, though "boot floppies" should NOT fall under the exact same rules.  The
reason for this is that, while the contents of the floppies may change, the
installers will generally be where the most work is needed.  Once the installer
is working, it's a matter of how to fit the rest of the information on the
disks.  If libc changes, it should NOT necessarily affect how the installer
runs.  From what I've heard, we can already move to the boot floppy work
beginning well before freeze, with the images being changed at regular
intervals to handle changes.

							Dave Bristel

By use, everything is dependant on the boot floppies for installation, yet once
installed, nothing depends on them.