Re: OpenSSH uploaded replacing ssh, please test

On Fri, Nov 05, 1999 at 01:57:10PM -0600, job bogan wrote:
> I (michael stone) said:
> >Until you come up with specifics, this is a silly argument.
>
> clearly openssh does not support all of the options.  a quick comparison
> of the man pages will tell you that.  (look at the extended options.)
>
> as much as i'd like to just nail the coffin shut on fsecure ssh, it's
> just not fair to users to change things w/o their knowledge.

You're confusing two different threads, here. This thread was about
symlinking slogin to ssh. Another thread was about calling the openssh
package "ssh". We seem to have agreed that the former is the proper
behavior, but there are still people who think that yanking the rug out
from under our users without warning is a good idea. (I'm not one of
them.)

Mike Stone