Re: OpenSSH uploaded replacing ssh, please test

Your message dated: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 22:45:09 EST

>On Thu, Nov 04, 1999 at 10:24:15PM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:
>> I no longer have the old ssh package installed, and I don't
>> have rlogin installed, so it wouldn't be easy for me to
>> remember what the differences were but I remember that there
>> were some very distinct differences.
>
>Until you come up with specifics, this is a silly argument.

here:

> scp -S ~/openssh ssh.pam job@localhost:
command-line line 0: Bad configuration option.
lost connection
Exit 1

and, if you look at what it's doing... here's how it execs openssh:

/home/job/openssh -x -a -oFallBackToRsh no -oClearAllForwardings yes -l job localhost scp -t .

clearly openssh does not support all of the options.  a quick comparison
of the man pages will tell you that.  (look at the extended options.)

as much as i'd like to just nail the coffin shut on fsecure ssh, it's
just not fair to users to change things w/o their knowledge.

btw, if anyone wants a port of openssh to solaris (and is in the
US/canada), bug me.

job