Re: Any strange mouse effects with XFree86-3.3.5

On Thu, Nov 04, 1999 at 02:46:45PM +1300, Matthew Gregan wrote:
> I've noticed just recently that the fourth button on my Logitech
> MouseMan has starting acting *very* strangely. It used to just work as
> the third button, but now it causes the pointer to jump all over the
> place when I click it. I haven't changed the configuration of the mouse
> between when it was working okay and now, so I don't know what's doing
> it... It's a PS/2 mouse, and I'm using the PS/2 protocol in the
> XF86Config.

I use the IMPS/2 protocol.  Does that work better for you?

Section "Pointer"
    Protocol        "IMPS/2"
    Device          "/dev/mouse"
    Buttons         4
EndSection

--
G. Branden Robinson              |
Debian GNU/Linux                 |   The noble soul has reverence for itself.