Re: Any strange mouse effects with XFree86-3.3.5

On Wed, Nov 03, 1999 at 02:16:29PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> I often switch to console for several tasks where gpm is running of
> course.  After switching back to the X screen the mouse disappeared
> sometimes or showes very strange effects (like simulating right-clicks
> where I havn't done something of this kind).  The mouse cursor vanishes
> in this case.  After about twenty seconds moving the mouse around
> and clicking the buttons the curso reappears and all seems to work
> normally.
[...]
> Does somebody else observed this effect and are there any ideas to
> get rid of it?

I've sometimes seen my 4-button PS/2 Logitech MouseMan act a little funny
for a couple of seconds after switching back and forth between X and a
normal VC.  I think that is because I don't have gpm set up as a repeater.

Try that and see if it solves your problem.  (i.e., start gpm with the -R
flag and point XF86Config at /dev/gpmdata for its mouse device)

--
G. Branden Robinson              |   A celibate clergy is an especially good
Debian GNU/Linux                 |   idea, because it tends to suppress any